The most important element in moving is finding a mover you can trust – and you can trust the members of the Canadian Association of Movers to treat you fairly and deliver the services they’ve promised.
- CAM members have sufficient insurance to cover your goods in their care;
- CAM members have workers’ compensation coverage to ensure you’re not liable for injuries to workers that may occur in your home;
- CAM members are in compliance with the GST/HST requirements of the Canada Revenue Agency;
- CAM members are rated highly by consumer agencies;
- CAM members have invested in personnel, equipment and facilities to serve you professionally; and
- CAM members have established a dispute mechanism for resolving issues between consumers and members.
The Canadian Association of Movers has represented the moving industry since 1969.
- Our members are movers – they are not telemarketers, scammers or thieves – just professional movers. And they are located in your marketplace – not at a remote terminal;
- Our members include smaller, independent movers as well as Canada’s major van lines – brand names you know;
- We validate all members for reputation and professionalism;
- We helped Industry Canada develop its guidelines for consumers and movers;
- The CBC and other media come to CAM for information on the moving industry;
- The Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Canadian Association of Retired Persons (CARP) consult with CAM on moving industry law, practices and for references;
- We consult with provincial governments about consumer protection.
If you are looking for a reputable mover, click here.