The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) (Government of Canada) came into effect on January 1, 2004. It is intended to ensure that businesses and associations protect the personal information they collect. Any information a consumer provides to the Canadian Association of Movers in making an enquiry, obtaining a referral or lodging a complaint may be shared with other appropriate parties interested in the matter. Other parties may include, but are not limited to, a mover, a van line, the Better Business Bureau, Industry Canada, provincial and/or federal government agencies and CAM’s Board of Directors.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.mover.net . This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this web site. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or 866-860-0065:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.