Catch up on the latest industry news and announcements
These are some of the press releases, bulletins and newsletters published by government, moving industry associations, movers and suppliers that CAM receives. Visit here regularly for new announcements.
You can download and print the PDF files linked from the underlined text below using free Acrobat Reader software available at the Adobe Systems Incorporated Web site.
- Rockbrune Brothers Limited receives Excellence Award (October 24, 2019)
- Freightwaves.com: Atlas App Simplifies Moving Process (August 20, 2019)
Announcements of new products and services from CAM Supplier members. To post a new product, send the product information to email@example.com.
Great Little Box Company/Ideon Packaging (GLBC) press release: Innovative corrugated bed designed to supplement hospital bedding in public health emergencies (May 2020) NEWDocument
- Ideon Packaging Acquired by Great Little Box Company - May 1, 2020
- NFP Integrates Brokerages Across Canadian Market as "NFP" (formerly McLean Hallmark) - February 25, 2020
- Spicers Canada has acquired Shippers Supply, a leading distributor of shipping, packaging and warehouse supplies with diverse manufacturing capabilities headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta. (November 6, 2017) (pdf)
- Industrial Mediation Professional Corporation newsletters
- CTV News (May 21, 2020) - Toronto family struggles to move to new condo amid COVID-19 pandemic (featuring John Prittie, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®)
- Newinhomes.com : Moving in 2020 - COVID-19 dictates the new norm (featuring Chuck Resnick, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK) (May 14, 2020) NEW
- Good Housekeeping: What You Should Know About Moving During the Coronavirus Pandemic (featuring Kevin Murphy, North American Moving Services) (May 8, 2020) NEW
- CITYTV Breakfast Television Toronto: Precautions and protocols for moving safely during COVID-19 (featuring Pierre Frappier, AMJ Campbell Inc.) (May 7, 2020) NEW
- AMEinfo: Top 10 countries UAE Expats are moving to: 2020 Edition (January 20, 2020) NEW
- CBC News: Latest data shows worker shortage is helping Canadians get richer: Don Pittis (June 10, 2019) NEW
- The Wall Street Journal: Self-driving trucks threaten nearly 300,000 jobs, report says (September 4, 2018)
- California Office of Public Affairs press release: Regulator Shines Spotlight on Damage Restoration Companies, Interstate Movers (August 9, 2018)
- Why the Trucking Shortage Is Costing You (Transport Topics, August 1, 2018)
- Movers dealing with the high heat and humidity on moving day in Quebec (June 30, 2018
CAM Press Releases
- It’s National Moving Month: Over 700 complaints about movers and storage companies trigger consumer warning. (PDF, 30April2019)
- Canadian Association of Movers Helps Family Victimized by Rogue (PDF, 9Apr2018)
- The Better Business Bureau serving Southern Alberta & East Kootenay and the Canadian Association of Movers Urge Consumers to Hire Trustworthy Moving Companies (PDF, 29Mar2018)
- Canadian Association of Movers: Meet Our New Chair – Cam Carswell (PDF, 5Dec2017)
- Canadian Association of Movers: Meet Our New President – Nancy Irvine (PDF, 1Dec2017)
- Canadian Association of Movers Warns Public about Brand Hijackings (PDF, 24Jan2017)
- Professional Moving Companies Win Big says Canadian Association of Movers (PDF, 29Nov2016)
- What Consumers Need to Know About Moving into Storage (PDF, 7Jul2016)
- Consumers Must Take Steps to Protect their Goods in Transit (PDF, 23Jun2016)
- Packing for Moving Day is Done Best by Professional Movers (PDF, 9June2016)
- A 10-Point Plan for a Summer Move (PDF, 26May2016)
- Deducting Moving Expenses at Tax Time (PDF, 13Feb2015)
- Children Need Special Attention on Moving Day (PDF, 20May2014)
- The Canadian Association of Movers Declares 2014 to be the Year of the Reputable Mover (PDF, 20Mar2014)
- President, CEO resigns from American Moving & Storage Association Scott Michael of AMSA exits after 26 years of service with organization (December 6, 2019)
- CERC - Interprovincial Mobility Survey Results - Executive Summary (June 2018) (pdf). The 2018 Canadian Employee Relocation Council’s Interprovincial Mobility Survey marks the third edition of the ground‐breaking survey first conducted in 2011 and repeated in 2014. The 2018 survey, conducted in partnership with Ipsos Global Public Affairs, reports on the attitudes 1,185 working Canadians who are self‐employed or employed in either a full‐time or part‐time capacity, about their willingness to move for employment purposes. The full report can be purchased on the CERC site .
- CERC - Canadian workers more willing to move: Vancouver tops list of destinations (June 27, 2018) (pdf)
- International Association of Movers The Portal Magazine
- The Communicator, California Moving & Storage Association
- MTSA Newsletter, Minnesota Transport Services Association (pdf)
- Moving Forward, Pennsylvania Moving & Storage Association (pdf)
- MoverNews, Southwest Movers Association
- Safety Driven (Trucking Safety Council of BC)
- Quarterly Demographic Estimates, Statistics Canada
- Déclaration des salaires 2016, QC Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail
- Final Report: Ontario's Household Moving Industry, May 2015, prepared for the Ontario Ministry of Government and Consumer Services by PRISM Economics and Analysis (PDF) © Queen's Printer for Ontario, 2015 Reproduced with permission.
- Guide to violence prevention in the workplace, Government of Canada
- 53rd Annual Atlas Corporate Relocation Survey May 27 2020 NEW
- United Van Lines, Inc. US released the results of their 2019 National Movers Study.
- Allied Van Lines US just issued their 2019 Annual Magnet States Report on the State of Migration Across The USA.
- American Moving & Storage Association Industry Trends publication #1 for 2019.
- North American Moving Services 2018 US Migration Report Here's the PDF version of their 2018 US Migration Report. (pdf)
- University of British Columbia preliminary research survey results. (pdf) (August 2018)
- Atlas Van Lines, Inc. US just released the results of their 51st Annual Atlas Corporate Relocation Survey.
- Atlas Van Lines 2016 Migration Patterns Here's the PDF version of their 2016 Migration Patterns report. (pdf)
- The Driver Shortage: Issues and Trends (UK Freight Transportation Association, October 2016) (pdf)